This week Martin Guitar announced even more 2017 models! These new models include:
- Dwight Yoakam DD28 Signature Edition - The Dwight Yoakam DD28 is inspired from a 1972 D-28, the guitar Dwight has played his whole career. Crafted from Sitka spruce top and East Indian rosewood back and sides, this model honors the classic booming sound of the Dreadnought. An ebony fingerboard is the backdrop for the inlaid mother-of-pearl and recon stone playing cards. The other truly unique feature of this instrument is the bull’s horn shaped pickguard.
- D-28 John Prine - This beautiful model is limited to only 70 instruments. The D-28 John Prine is crafted with an Engelmann spruce top and gorgeous Madagascar rosewood back and sides. The Madagascar rosewood headplate is inlaid with pearl angel wings, a nod to Prine’s masterpiece and most commonly covered song “Angel from Montgomery”. The top bears an antique toner finish for a warm, aged appearance.
- CS-CFMartinOutlaw-17- A limited edition Dreadnought that breaks the rules, this model is crafted with traditional, Authentic Series features such as hide glue construction combined with modern features, such as a modified low oval neck with a high performance taper and modern belly bridge and drop-in saddle.
- 000-30 Authentic 1919 - Remaining true to its origins, the 000-30 Authentic 1919 is meticulously crafted with hide glue construction, dovetail neck joint, solid Adirondack spruce top with Vintage Tone System, solid Madagascar rosewood back and sides with a Vintage Gloss finish, a grained ivoroid bound, black ebony fingerboard inlaid with abalone 1919 snowflakes and a black ebony bridge.
- CEO 8.2 - This beautiful FSC® Certified Grand Jumbo 14-fret acoustic guitar is crafted with a European spruce top with Vintage Tone System and a Bourbon Sunset Burst finish, paired with genuine mahogany back and sides. Other features include a Martin archtop headstock shape, grained ivoroid binding and heelcap, bone nut and saddle, liquid metal bridgepins on an ebony bridge and an ebony fingerboard with a gorgeous mother-of-pearl skeleton diamond pattern inlay.
- CEO 8.2E - A beautiful FSC® Certified Grand Jumbo 14-fret acoustic-electric guitar that is crafted with a European spruce top with Vintage Tone System and a Bourbon Sunset Burst finish, paired with genuine mahogany back and sides. Other features include an archtop headstock shape, grained ivoroid binding and heelcap, bone nut and saddle, liquid metal bridgepins on an ebony bridge and an ebony fingerboard with a gorgeous mother-of-pearl skeleton diamond pattern inlay. This model is equipped with new Fishman® Blackstack™ electronics, a soundhole mounted, magnetic, battery-free, passive pick-up that is specifically designed to work with acoustic guitar strings.